As business mums, working mums or even just mums in general, how many of us are guilty of putting ourselves to the back of the queue when it comes to taking care of ourselves? We care for our husbands and partners, our children, our clients and customers, our bosses, our work colleagues and subordinates. And who takes care of us? Who indeed?
Like many home business owners I have been shockingly bad at looking after myself recently, particularly over the last two years since I started running Motivating Mum. Somehow it’s just more appealing to come online, write my blog and talk to you lot, than it is to go and take exercise, prepare healthy food in sensible quantities, and give myself sufficient rest between home and work duties. I bet some of you know exactly how I feel.
So when I was approached by Sandra at Thinking Slimmer and asked to find ten business owners for a project which involves putting yourself higher up on your To Do list, I thought it was an excellent idea.
Basically I am looking for ten people who each have their own blog or social media channel, who are prepared to follow the guidance of the Thinking Slimmer team for a number of weeks and blog about their progress. This will hopefully include some weight loss, and may include some other lifestyle changes as well.
If you don’t know what Thinking Slimmer is all about, take a look at their website here, then if you feel that you could put yourself higher up on your to do list, with the help of the Thinking Slimmer team, then please leave a comment below with a link to your blog, before 31st January 2013. At that point we will choose 10 participants in the Thinking Slimmer project and get the project underway.
To be eligible for this project you should be:
- Over 18 and resident in the UK
- Have a certain amount of surplus weight (at least one dress size) that you would like to lose.
- Ready and willing to follow a programme guided by the Thinking Slimmer team, instead of any other weight loss method you may be following.
- Ready, willing and able to blog about your progress regularly and to share updates (including photos) on social media
The ten successful participants will
- receive a Slimpod of their choice from Thinking Slimmer
- receive a two piece exercise outfit from Jenni Faulkner at Debenhams
- Be expected to talk publicly about the project and their results on their blog and social media
- allow before and after photos of them to be used in advertising by Thinking Slimmer
- Be given links to a Thinking Slimmer Rafflecopter giveaway which they can run on their blog
In addition to this, the ten successful participants will form a support group who will look after each other while we all go through this transformation process. And, if we are successful as a group, there is the possibility of some kind of big treat day for us all at the end….
So who is with me on this? Please leave a comment, with some basic information about you and a link to your blog (use the commentluv feature for the link….)
UPDATE: This competition is now closed, but anyone who is reading this can get 25% off any Slimpod product from Thinking Slimmer by following this link Thinking Slimmer