Working Mums – Tips for Making Time for Exercise and Keeping Fit in 2013

Any working mother can tell you that being a working mum is like having two jobs. The level of commitment necessary to look after your children and still maintain a strong work ethic is often underestimated, and can often leave very little time for anything else.

ID-10099797

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Keeping fit as a working mum can be a struggle. However, if you follow these simple steps you can make 2013 the year you get fit and stay fit. Remember that staying fit isn’t just about exercise: incorporating a healthy eating plan or medication to help shift stubborn weight such as that by XLS Medical, should also be part of staying healthy and getting fit.

Make Small Changes

Rather than joining a gym or committing yourself to a strenuous exercise routine, try making small changes to your normal routine. Simply taking a lift instead of the stairs or walking home instead of getting the bus can have a large impact on your fitness. Try buying a step-o-metre to chart how much you are walking in a day.

This will keep you motivated to stay on track, without taking time away from your work and family commitments.

Join a Fitness Club for Mums

There are plenty of fitness clubs out there for mothers where you can find a team of people who have been in your situation and can support you with your fitness goals. Try searching online to find one of these clubs in your area – you may even find some playmates for your kids at the same time.

Keep up with the Kids

If your kids are of a walking (or running) age, then try and get more active with them. Young children love running around and are often extremely interested in sporting activities. By trying to keep up with your kid’s energy levels you will see the weight fall off and be able to combine getting fit with spending quality time with your children.

Healthy Diet

A healthy diet is an essential part of staying fit so ensure that you are eating well and incorporating all the food groups into your diet. If you find that no matter how hard you try you simply can’t shift the excess weight, you might want to consider trying a fat binder to give your metabolism an extra boost.

Getting fit doesn’t have to be a struggle, simply follow these tips and you will find yourself with lots more energy, and be able to lead a longer and healthier lifestyle.

18 thoughts on “Working Mums – Tips for Making Time for Exercise and Keeping Fit in 2013

1. Emma

Just finding the time to get any exercise is proving difficult, but I like the idea of keeping up with the kids that’s a good way to play with the children and get fit.

2. TracyAnn0312

Well I think that better idea in keeping yourself fit is to become more responsible in the foods that we are eating. In such a way, we are able to keep our body fit.

3. Connor Harley

Keeping up with the kids is excellent advice. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. Being active with the kids provides more interaction with the children and not just observing them. Plus you stay fit to do other stuff.

4. Aayna

A very apt share. Working mums always feel a dearth of time to indulge in a fitness regime to get a fit and curvy figure. Of late I came across a few exercises for tummy and chest, and I am practicing them regularly and have received astonishing results. It is not that difficult to spare a few minutes for these exercises. I will add the tips shared by you to make my regime more result oriented. Thanks for the share.

5. Susie Shelley

With the particular variations including lifestyle, sometimes spending to a fitness program regularly can become challenging for a busy mum. The demands of balancing a career as well as the stress involved in looking after your children makes it particularly challenging to remain faithful to a fat reduction plan.

6. Fatima

Small activities on daily basis make a huge difference in efforts towards weight loss. These are great tips you have mentioned here.

7. Lee

Hi
    We all seem to cram everything in to everyday now. Exercise quite often being one of the things being abandoned. I have started swimming early in the morning it keeps me fit and gets me going. Also I have done my exercise without encroaching on the day I love it.

Great points thanks lee

8. Olumide Oluwasegun

A healthy diet can’t be ignored, so is taking lots of water. Exercises are needed so is a strong belief in one’s ability to get and stay fit

9. Siena S.

Hi,
    I am a mother but I am always fit, I take Yoga Classes, eat a balanced diet then spend time with my kids by joining them when they are playing Just Dance 4 on their Xbox! :D Great blog! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
    Siena S.

10. Purchase Alli Orlistat

Your post is very informative.every body have same 24 hrs some people are manage all things in 24 hrs but some not.our health and fitness are needed some time we should give them.

11. Hazel Carrillo

Being a mother is a big responsibility, taking good care of children alone is not an easy thing and at the same time a mother should also think for her health because who will do the mother task if the mother alone is not well or currently experiencing some health problems. Being a mom is quite fun and there are a lot of things we can do in order to stay healthy, one thing is to be always happy,laughter is somehow the best medicine.

12. Erwin

I like this idea, it’s better to get the best time to go exercise, either in the morning or at night. It’s a sure thing for weight loss, besides pay attention to the daily diet.

13. Angelina Sophora

“Any working mother can tell you that being a working mum is like having two jobs.” – I totally agree with this! I can’t find time for myself or to get fit since the day I had my son. I ended up eating and eating and eating, and now I feel that I’m too fat as per my BMI. This is a helpful guide for hardworking moms like me!

14. Jane

I tried by starting some fitness exercise at home after our second baby, but it just didn’t quite work for me. I then joined some fitness classes and the best thing is that it gets me out of the house for an hour and half two evenings a week. It’s just nice to be able to switch off from baby duties. and get in the exercise.

15. Kim Silverman

Working mums find it hard to keep a regular exercise routine because they are busy both at work and at home. Maintaining a healthy diet can really assist in keeping at bay the extra calories, if you can not work out daily. If you are busy during weekdays, setting aside an hour or two during the weekend for working out can also help. Running around with your kids is also great as it gives you time to bond with them while keeping fit.

16. Jillian Henny

This is absolutely true for working moms. I have a sister who used to work on graveyard shifts but when she had her baby it was difficult for her but now she works at home but I am even more worried. She lost all the weight she gained during pregnancy but right now she’s losing too much weight. Physically I look heavier than her though I’m 5 years younger and I even exercise regularly. Well, looking at her she doesn’t have that much fat to burn so it’s okay for her not to exercise right? and also she doesn’t eat much and I guess that contributes to her feeling easily tired too often or is the lack of exercise? I know her job isn’t that stressful anymore because she enjoys it. She used to be outgoing and loves to do physical activities but now she prefers sleeping and staying at home. Does the body go normally weak after pregnancy? For a person who almost has no ounce of fat in their body should they still exercise? If yes, won’t that make them skinnier?