Days are very busy with little free time so it is vitally important to look after yourself. It is all too easy to be so busy that by the end of the day you are totally run off your feet and exhausted. You collapse into bed, unable to relax and rest properly, and before you know it it is morning and off you go again. In the long term this is very unhealthy both physically and mentally.
It can be difficult to get enough sleep and feel well rested with young children. This can be very challenging when you work.
I try to simplify where I can.
I stick to basic and simple styles of clothes that I know suit me and then accessorise. This can work well as I juggle meetings with dog walking and the school pick up. Not only do accessories change the look of an outfit, but I feel the attention to detail give the impression of someone who cares, has confidence and able to work to a high standard – important when you are self employed!
Accessories do not need to be complicated:
- Bold patterns, try picking out one colour and choose minimum accessories.
- Black works well with bright colours; white and off white works with gold or silver. Oranges, yellows and browns tone well.
- Bracelets or rings and not both. Watches can make a nice statement, The Watch Hut have something to suit everyone, from fashion to more classic styles.
- Larger earrings work well with hair up.
- Scarves are great but can be tricky, the internet has great ideas on how to wear them.
- A stunning pair of heels can transform a simple pair of jeans or a bargain basement dress.
Make sure your careful but simple wardrobe planning isn’t wasted, ensure shoes are clean and polished, clothes are freshly laundered, hair is clean and styled, and painted nails can disguise a multitude of sins!
Balancing family and work can be feel overwhelming, but simple changes in your routine can improve your well being. I make sure I find a little me-time for things that make me happy.
- Yoga, improves my posture, strength and flexibility.
- Dog walking, fresh air and exercise and even better to meet up with friends for a catch up and gossip!
When I worked full time, before children, I would go to regular exercise classes and the gym; now I do a little yoga each morning before anyone is up. Once a week I meet up with friends and we walk our dogs, a great work out, relaxing and free.
I work better and have more confidence if I take a little time out. Even when there really isn’t the time, I achieve more when I have spent a little time doing something I enjoy. A little me-time may seem indulgent but it is my long term investment in me!